Handicraft enthusiasts love beadworks designs. Stunning beads are the best friends of any handmade jewelry designer. If you are a beadwork lover, you must explore different beading styles to create unique designs. Arcos beads are beautiful Czech glass beads that you can use for sprucing up your handmade trinkets. These beads are perfect for adding a touch of Bohemian glamor to your beaded jewelry pieces. This blog will provide the top tips to make it easier to work with Arcos beads. Read on to learn the steps for acing your beadwork designs!
Arcos Beads: How to Know Them?
You will find countless bead variants in a leading beads store. They can offer beads in different styles, shapes, sizes, and colors to suit your unique design needs. While checking out the bead variants in a store, how can you identify the Arcos beads? Here are the features that will help you know:
- They are a type of seed beads
- These are three-holed beads
- They have a unique crescent shape
- They are a little thicker than usual crescent beads
Their distinctive shape and substantial thickness make them perfect for designing creative pieces.
Top Tips to Make it Work with Arcos Beads
Beginners can use the following tips to make it easier to design Arcos beadwork:
- Check Hole Placements: These trinkets have three distinctive hole placements along the curved surface of the beads. The first step to create a beadwork pattern is to gather all the beads and prepare them for the process. At this stage, you must check every hole to ensure that they are free from blockages. Blocked holes can be present in these beads due to the glass shaping process. Therefore, you must check for these blockages before starting the beadwork. Discovering a blocked hole later will force you to go back several steps, causing your hard work to go to waste.
- Pick Up the Beads from the Right Side: While this advice may sound obvious, this mistake is common among beadwork enthusiasts. Even veteran handicraft designers often go wrong with this step. When you pick up the Arcos beads, ensure that you hold them with the right side up. Needles with strings can slip into the wrong holes, ruining your pattern. Therefore, attention to detail is critical for every bead you add to your design.
Advantages of Using Arcos Beads:
Arcos beads are very versatile. They offer the following advantages to beadwork designers:
- These beads play well with other bead designs. They are great for pairing with Minos beads, other types of seed beads, rocailles, and more.
- These beads do not need a dense placement to make beautiful designs. Relatively sparse patterns with Arcos beads also make an excellent statement.
- Arcos beads can help you save costs because a small set of these beads can go a long way in creating gorgeous designs.
What Can You Make With Arcos Beads?
These beads are excellent for creating circular patterns. The following are some items that you can adorn with Arcos beads:
Now that we have you excited about Arcos beads, it is time to go bead shopping! Contact a top bead supplier today to buy the most beautiful pieces.